Alas, the day after Christmas has come :( A sad day but I'm making the most of it. At least the weather is beautiful and I am very very happy with how well and how much fun my Christmas season was. We did so many things and decorated like champs. I'm very pleased :)
Christmas Eve was a relaxing day. My mom came and picked me up and went home around 1, instead of dinner we did appetizers all day. Included veggies with 4 types of hummus, blue cheese pastry puffs (good god they were spectacular), teriyaki meat balls (gah), shrimp for the boys (ew), chocolate covered raisins, cookie assortment from Costco, crackers with smoked gouda (yum). After we ate lots it was only 5:30...so we drove back to my place to check on little Oliver then drove through the Christmas lights at James Street. We got home and I made a yogurt parfeit and heated up some cookies and watched Julie and Julia, it was okay.Went to bed by 10, gah.
Woke up on Christmas at 7 and we watched the Shrek Christmas. We opened gifts and around 9 I took the van home and set my new stuff up, took the microwave to the garage, redecorated a little, put our NEW flannel Martha Stewart sheets and douvet cover on (amazing), played with Oliver then went back to my parents. Big Oliver came over for dinner, I helped my mom make prime rib, brussel sprouts(YUM), and yams with baked apples. We had dinner around 4 so I just had some apples and brussel sprouts (way too early for a big meal) then they had our candy cane cheesecake, which turned out amazing. I headed home around 5 and had some cranberry wine and was watching a movie with Oliver waiting for Travis to get home.
He was home around 7 and we opened all our gifts and rolled around, put our new stuff away. Watched the rest of Bad Santa and tried to find a place open that had food. Sadly it was only Pizza Pipeline, so he got a pizza there, I had some carrots and BBQ sauce with some of my new candy I got and we watched the Ninth Gate, or until I was passed out by 11.
It was an amazing Christmas.
So I'm here at work now, and going on adventures with people tonight. It will be nice to see how everyone's Christmas was.
I'm so in love with Travis and our home and our Oliver, who loves our new sheets too. It's really beautiful and cold out today and I'm excited to wear my new sweater Travis got me <3 His presents fit me perfectly. Candles, squirrel, strainer, CLEANER, SOCKS, and a beautiful beautiful sweater that I can't wait to put on! Eee!
No comments:
Post a Comment